Saturday, November 25, 2017

I'm Getting Rich Soon

I received an email 2 days ago from an anonymous, mentioning that he wants to share with me USD1.25M. Hey, yea I know, again...

Let's look at his email content (I copied and pasted exactly the same content, font color & size) below:

Subject: CAN YOU WORK WITH ME

Dear Sir / Madam,
 
I write to inform you that the GOVERNMENT OF THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND in conjunction with International Monetary Fund (IMF), has resolved to refund each victim of scam (Advance Fee FRUAD) the sum of $2,500.000 (Two Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars only) On that note, I seek your consent to collaborate with me so that I will put your name as one of the victims entitle and legible for this refunds for our mutual benefits.
 
If you are interested in actualizing this deal with me respond back urgently with your below details to enable me put your name among those that will benefit from the refund this month.
 
1 Your full names/ address.
2 Your phone number.
3 Your age/sex and occupation.
 
Please note that the process of filing for this refund is risk free and has nothing to do with illegality because I have perfected every plan for the smooth processing of the refunds. Bear in mind that our working ratio shall be 50% each as soon as we get the refund in your name.
 
Yours Faithfully,
 
Mr. Rodrigo de Rato
Managing Director
International Monetary Fund


What do you think?

First of all, I found a lot of typos in his email and the content looks really unprofessional. It seems like this fellow has a lot to improve.

Secondly, this tactic is totally obsolete. But this fellow is still trying his luck, by changing from one story to another.

Thirdly, this email is attention to Sir / Madam, and TO: is left empty. This fellow doesn't know who to send to. So it should be a mass mailing to try his luck.

Fourthly, it mentioned he is the MD of IMF, Rodrigo Rato. Okay, have a check at IMF MD list, the latest MD is Christine Lagarde. Rodrigo is retired since year 2007!
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Monetary_Fund#List_of_Managing_Directors

Finally, I found out if I decided to reply to work together, it is replying to a GMAIL instead of the original email.
from: Rodrigo de Rato
reply-to: teresa.samonte111621@gmail.com


Source: http://aplhr.com

Yes, it is another usual spam email. But it's having fun to find out what can be improved.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

As stated by Stanford Medical, It is really the SINGLE reason women in this country get to live 10 years longer and weigh 19 KG lighter than we do.

(And really, it has absoloutely NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and really, EVERYTHING to related to "how" they are eating.)

BTW, I said "HOW", and not "what"...

Click on this link to find out if this short test can help you find out your real weight loss possibility

 
Copyright 2009 Ekimkee. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan