Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hardworking Doesn't Bring Success?

Everyone understands that hardworking will bring success. But that's not really true.


I must admit that my father is a very hardworking person. He started to come out to work when he is 15. He works day and night and almost 7 days a week for the past 50 years. He is 65 this year. What he is today?

Today, he is still working as a site supervisor without any savings for retirement. He used to be a millionaire. Unfortunately, he faced a great business failure 13 years ago. Not only that he lost everything overnight, he also generated some debts. My family sold everything we can sell. Fortunately we did not need to sell our only shelter. 

When I went back to my hometown early this month, he shared with me that he is regretted of what he did. He did not learn how to invest when he was rich. He did not plan how to grow his money, but only continuously do his hard work. 

I seems like also facing the same fate recently. My hard work does not return me any reward, just because I did not achieve the target. Without achievement, others won't see your hard work but see you as a failure. The fact is cruel. As a matter of fact, I just don't do enough thinking and lack of aggressiveness.


Like what Malaysia's richest man Robert Kuok said, 90% of success is from the combination of hardworking, intelligent (thinking).  Hardworking alone is insufficient to make you success. You must compliment with intelligent. To obtain intelligent, you must be aggressive, continue to learn new things, and learn how to think. 

I hope I've learned a valuable lesson. It's time to start to learn how to think and act more aggressively from now on. If you agree with me, let's switch on this button together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hard work may not show the desired results immediately. The gestation period may take longer than you expect. Don't despair;it's life lesson which will make you wiser and better.

 
Copyright 2009 Ekimkee. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan