Sunday, July 24, 2016

Whatever It Is, Be Steady

Are you a steady person? What is steady in our Asian culture means?

From what I understand, steady means claim, not being emotional, look smart and experience. I have to admit I'm not a steady person. Whenever I encounter something need to fork out money, I'm panic. No doubt I'm still a very stingy and calculative person.

2 days ago, I bumped into a minor car accident. The guy is obviously wrong by banging behind. Due to some documents I'm missing and the guy feel that I'm frightening, he tried to threaten me by calling the police.


I did call a colleague I think he may able to help, but end up he is worse when he dropped by. We tried to settle without calling the police. End up I almost have to bear all the accident cost, which is a pain lesson for me.

I'm trying to be a gentleman, but in another word, I'm just a fool, paying unnecessary cost which is supposed to be paid by the other party. I tried to complain to few friends, no doubt I'm recognized as a fool.

What I learned from this lesson? Be steady. No matter what happen, we need to be steady and claim. We are all human, we are frighten when we are weak or having weak point. Do not expect someone can always help us, we have to learn to help ourselves by remain steady. Please bear in mind the other person does not know we have weak point, and they may have weak point too. Hence, we have to be steady even we are weak.

Do not show on our face that we are weak. We do not need to be afraid just because others threatening us. Perhaps we should make it bigger and let them scare us. If they hit us, then even better, they will have to responsible of what they did to us.

Of course, to remain steady, it needs time to learn and grow. Practice it in your daily life, go out and face more strangers, do something that you are uncomfortable but remain claim. These may help us grow our steadiness within us.

Hope this 2 cents this helps.

No comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Ekimkee. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan