Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Hardwork to Earn Luck

I read a book recently written by Jimmy Lai, a media tycoon from Hong Kong.

He said, if being asked, luck and hardwork, which one is more important?
He said hardwork is a lot more important. This is because only hardwork can bring you luck.

I'm very impressed when I read his reply. When I was young, I always think that I will be success and get rich when I grow up. However, I don't have an ambition of what to do to get rich when I grow up. Thus, I think it must be luck to bring me forward and I think luck is very important.

Up to today, I'm so disappointed to tell you that I'm not even a millionaire and it's far behind. When I reviewed what have I done over the past 20 over years, I don't really pay much effort to the life I want. My parents pampered me a lot, and I thought because I'm lucky.

Now they grow old, and it's my turn to take care of them. I feel very pressure because they don't have any savings, medical card and the overall cost living at my hometown is rising a lot within these few years. Luck is no longer valid as a reason for me to make a living and it's getting more challenging.

It seems like the only way out is hardwork and hopefully hardwork can earn me some luck, not only my career but also in health, investment and relationship. Let me prove Jimmy Lai is correct.

No comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Ekimkee. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan