Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Chinese New Year Celebration

It's comes to the end of my Chinese New Year (CNY) celebration in my hometown. It's time to get back to work. I've just got back to my workplace this evening and going to start work on tomorrow. 

For the past few days, I'm having a great time with my family and friends. In fact, apart from being together with family and relatives, CNY also the moment we gather together with old friends and get to know new friends. We have plenty of friends and people to gather around because most of them came back from overseas to hometown due to this important festival for Chinese. 

Well, it's also a good time to get to know potential target for those who is still single, like me.


It's kind of good feeling when you talk to the friends that you have loss contact with. The CNY environment should be the best time to talk a lot more, because everyone is in the relax and holiday mood. Get to know new friends also one of the good things to do. 

Many Chinese misunderstood that they must gamble and grab money during CNY. In fact, CNY can be utilize in a better way rather than just sitting around the table the entire day and gambling with relatives and friends. To me, it is a waste of time. Eventually, you have to win your friends' money in the same table.

Since it's a gamble, it's all about luck. I used to loss money and wasting my time every year since I'm secondary school. So I chose to avoid it if possible. I've been practicing it for a couple of years and it's so far so good. A little bit of gambling to kill some free times with friends is totally okay, but not too much until we spend the entire day or a few just in hope to win some big bucks.

Besides, I also utilized my free time to look for a few friends that 'above my level' for casual drink. All of them are very successful in their careers and businesses, and some of them are multi-millionaires. I felt pleasure to talk to them, and what they've shared with me inspiring me a lot. I've a lot to learn from them.


Until today, I've accumulated around RM200+ 'ang pow' (red packet), including a RM100 note from my uncle (father's brother) and a RM50 note from my parent. I don't know why, friends and their parents are quite generous this year. I just visited a couple of friends house, and most of them have upgraded their ang pow from RM5 last year to RM10 this year. It's double! Inflation or they are getting richer? Whatever it is, thanks to their generosity. Will it be RM20 for next year?

Due to the tight schedule, ex-classmates and I did not manage to organize any reunion for my ex-secondary classmates. I felt bad about it. I hope we can make it for the coming CNY next year.

Oh yes, next Monday is Valentine day, are you ready for it?  

 
Copyright 2009 Ekimkee. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan