Sunday, October 31, 2010

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps Movie Review



Recenly, it seems like no movie attracted my attention after Inception, until Oliver Stone film released a couple of weeks back, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. Well, I love stock market and Wall Street, so I believe this movie should be for me. As far as I know, this should be Wall Street 2 after the original one on show in year 1987, casted by Michael Douglas.

After spent 2 hours sitting in front of the screen, I found out this movie is not what I expected. I mean it is not as interested and as excited as I was expected. I remembered that I watch a local stock market deception movie made in Hong Kong on last year. It was a lot better than Wall Street. It is a lot easier to understand and story line is clear. In fact, I don't really understand what are these guys are talking about in the movie. Perhaps that's a little bit too technical for me, compare to what I know about real Wall Street.

I felt disappointed because they can't make it simpler for those non-literate Wall Street movie fans to understand what they are trying to express. Well, perhaps most of the Americans understand about what is the movie talks about, as it was a recent history for them. Moreover, the casts, Michael, Carey and Shia are just not my cup of tea. With the casts, boring scenes, and the difficulty to understand, I would say this is totally a no-go movie for me.


Here's my personal rating for Wall Street movie.
Cast: 2/10
Plot: 3/10
Effect: 5/10
Cinematography: 6/10
Story line: 5/10
Overall: 4/10

Anyway, the opinions above are just my personal opinion. Most probably I'm more prefer to watch action and comedy movie. I have my respect to Stone and the casts. Cheers.

 
Copyright 2009 Ekimkee. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan