Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Truth About Our Food

Have you ever think of where and how the foods you eat are coming from,such as chicken, beef, pork and vegetables? All the while I thought they are from farms, and that's what we studied in the school. I changed my perception after I watch a movie about the truth of ours food, I'm not sure whether you have watched it already.

Well, in this century, apparently our demand for foods are greatly increase. Thus, technology is push and invented to boost up the supply, while try to keep the cost to the minimum. Unfortunately, it has some hidden cost with the cheap food we eat nowadays, just look at the fast food industry. No wonder every elder telling us that fast food is unhealthy huh!

The movie is "Food Inc." which released in last year. The filmmaker Robert Kenner lifts the veil on US food industry, exposing the highly mechanized underbelly that was hidden from the consumer. The US food supply is now controlled by a handful of corporations that often put profit ahead of the consumer health, the livelihood of US farmer, the safety of workers and our own environment. I believe soon or later, the similar system will be introduce to other developing country like our country.

I don't like to watch documentary movie, but I couldn't stop when I play it, and I'm really glad to know about it. If you are interested to know about wat are the hidden cost of the foods and remediations, you can watch Food Inc. for free via YouTube, it is breaks into 10 parts.


Please feel free to comment below, folks!

2 comments:

iriene said...

Thanks for sharing. It is truly an 'eye opener'.

eKimkee said...

Thanks Iriene. I have the same feeling as you after watched it. :)

 
Copyright 2009 Ekimkee. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan