Saturday, July 19, 2008

Red Cliff Part 1 Review

Hey, have you watch Red Cliff at your nearest cinema?

This movie spent with a budget of USD80 millions, the most expensive film made in Asia for the first time. It is filmed based on historical records of 'The Chronicles of Three Kingdom' rather than 'Romance of Three Kingdom' (got 2 versions ba). And the movie is only describe on one of the famous war between combination of Wu and Liu with Cao Cao in Red Cliff. Cao Cao leads 80 millions army trying to conquer Wu and Liu with only 200,000 men.


Red Cliff Part 1 is on show on Malaysia Cinema now.

It casted with handsome actors like Takeshi Kaneshiro, Tony Leung and Chang Chen. Of course, the special person to introduce in this movie is Chi-Ling, Lin. She is a very famous Taiwan supermodel. But I think she is just a wasted character in part I.


An extra character with unnecessary acting in Red Cliff Part 1.

I watched it on last night, the movie lasted for about 2 hours and 15 minutes. Perhaps too high expectation I set for this film and after long day work, I was not so impressed with it. I only can say it's so so only.

The most unsatisfied me was the casting introduction of characters are in a mess, the uniform for the men are quite sucks, and not much graphic effects are used in this film. Other than that, it is still good as I love Three Kingdom story so much.


Here's my review for Red Cliff Part I:

Cast: 5.5/10

Plot: 8/10

Effect: 4.5/10

Cinematography: 7/10

Fighting skills: 7/10

Uniform: 5/10

Humor: 7.5/10

Story line: 9.5/10

Overall: 7/10


Anyway, I want to see part II, either show in the end of this year or early of next year.

Let's anticipate.

No comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Ekimkee. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan